Thursday, April 9, 2009

Mind Full of Bells

Let me see.. I wanted to get married.

Yeah, I know people will say "about time". I have no aversions to matrimony, in fact - I like the thought of getting to start my own family. The thing is, I am back to square one in SAVING. Hun and I are not the type of couple who loves to rely on their parents. He absolutely loathes asking his parents for money since he knows he is old enough to earn it. And I am the breadwinner of my family. Had to wait to let for my siblings to finish college so they can replace me - kinda like taking turns in taking care of the bills and our mom.

Today, my brother let me asked me to listen to another rendition of Pachelbel's Canon in D Major - one of my favorite classics ever since I heard it from My Sassy Girl. This time, it version was played with two acoustic guitars only. And it was lovely.

So my thoughts went to marriage again.. sigh!
As far as my plans (that was made only in my head), here are some tidbits:

1) motif - although my favorite color is purple, I like to have a summer/spring motif plus RED. I like the contrast of bloody red roses over white lilies.
2) place - expensive i know.. but I would wish for it to be held in the Glass Garden. Place is not to far from home. Don't like the idea of our guests family and friends to travel from one place to another. As much as I would like it to be in a church, I think it is more fair to be like a garden wedding.
3) date - tough to decide. though I would love to be a June bride.
4) cake - tiny cupcakes na may wedding theme.. saw something like that in multiply.. customized. so each guest can take a piece. what the heck will I do with layers of cake?
5) honeymoon - definitely Macau or Greece
6) dress - I want it plain and simple. Nothing too lacey.. after all, there is always the veil right? but I want my hair to be style with mini pearls or swarovski crystals..
7) groom - hunny. (non-negotiable)

Well, as much as I would like to daydream while writing these, I need to get back to reality. Someday, I will have these things for real..

God makes all things beautiful in His time.

No comments:

Post a Comment