Friday, July 2, 2010

Granted!

My dad was a US citizen. He was petitioned by his mom and I was 10 years old when he migrated. Though he has spent almost all of our growing years there, never had he set our expectations that he is going to petition us. He went home 6 years ago and did not go back to the US until now.

May 2008,  my aunt who married an American guy went here to visit. Their initial plan was to check the beach property they wanted to buy somewhere North. She was the one who persuaded my dad to file for a petition for us and said that they will be our sponsors.

We paid little attention to the filing since we already know for a fact that it will take a long, long time for it to be processed. I did not feel any excitement at all since have my eyes on saving and planning to get married before I am 30. It is not that I am all in for the great American dream. 

Yesterday, I received an email from my aunt with the scanned copy  from USCIS. Petition granted.
Just like that. I was dumbfounded until now and don't even know what to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment