Saturday, August 14, 2010

I am a bookworm

Bibliophilia or bibliophilism is the love of books. Accordingly a bibliophile is an individual who loves books. More commonly referred to as a bookworm, the individual loves books for their content, or otherwise loves reading.

I think this is one of the best words that describes me and my personality. I am NOT a silent individual. With my zodiac comes an opinionated and a open-book attitude. I usually speak out and tell what is going inside my head.

One of the few many times that one can catch me pensive is when I am alone (though I sometimes talk to myself when needed), when I am mad (as in really really angry) or when I am reading a book.

The third will just show on how much passion I have for books. I guess it was developed during my early stage of life. Back when the time we still use lamp as a source of light on our house. The butterfly sleeves of my dress got burned, including my skin (which left a scar) because I was too close to the lamp -- reading.

Back when I was in primary school, that time when we were introduced to book reports - i loved everything about it though I can say that my classmates were not feeling the same.  From classics like Mark Twain, Don Quixite and Les Miserables.. to comics like Archie and Pugad Baboy.. to pocketbooks.. RL Stein, Sweet Valley and Christopher Pike.

I always find myself in a different kind of world when I am reading. More like, I am on it. A silent participant.. or maybe just an audience.. but I am inside it. I think Hunny was already resigned to the fact that I can even live inside a bookstore.

Though, with my love for books, I rarley buy them. Got tired of buying, reading, having someone to borrow it and not giving it back. So, I decided to collect ebooks.. and audiobooks.

I still buy paperback and hardbound titles, but only those which are worth collecting. Books that I would treasure and share to my kids someday.



No comments:

Post a Comment