Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Booked!

O yea, we are booked! It is crazy! I am trying not to be too excited because it was too soon, and I need to concentrate on work.. blah, blah, blah. But on the fateful Saturday morning, after coming from a break at Pan De Manila, I refreshed my browser and saw in my email that Cebu Pacific has a Seat Sale. My initial reaction was, OMG. I immediately checked the schedule and there it was, one way for as low as 1,300. Last time we went there, we got a Php2200 one way/per person. So having it at 50% is a good deal already or so I thought because sometimes they release a promo called the Piso Fare where anyone can book for as low as Php1. Madness isn't it?

Learning about the sale was just the beginning, the hardest was booking it. I had to cross my fingers and wake up Hunny earlier than usual - and seriously praying that he wouldn't be grumpy for the reason why I roused him up. It has to be an agreed decision. I can't just book without his permission. And, we will be using his card.  So I was ecstatic when he was amiable. And he was even the one who booked.

Second hard part, informing the Tablang family that there is a seat sale at 5 in the morning hoping they would wake up early even if it was a Saturday. They will be joining us on the trip to SG and they will be staying there for 4N/5D. Well, maybe it was fate - they were able to find seats that are good enough. BUT they booked almost 12 hours ahead of us! And we are supposed to be their tour guide! Oh well.. I  guess they just have to bear with us with the rest of the afternoon and night. We will be arriving by 1AM on the 24th. They will be arriving 4pm I believe on the 23rd.

Did I mention that Tabs will be bring his whole clan? Hehe. The wife, the kid and his parents. Next on Che's agenda (the wife) was to ensure that all of them have valid passports. Next to my agenda was to help them find a hotel with a family room for a reasonable price that is near Ate Tina's place where we would be staying. I am also thinking of renting a room when we arrive until morning since Ate Tina and Kuya Raymond would probably asleep by 1AM. And since Hunny's gracious cousin is pregnant, I don't want to cause her and her hubby inconvenience during our stay.

After the accommodation, my mind is buzzing with the IT. It has to be worth their stay. Plus not too tiring for the elderly (Tabs' parents). Though it is such an irony because one can practically tour around Singapore by walking. I am settled of skipping the Zoo or the Night Safari. And will concentrate on Sentosa, Universal Studios, Esplanade and Marina Bay Sands. They can spend the rest of their Thursday or Friday in Orchard or Bugis.

Apart from that, I also need of the looking for work strategy since that is the main agenda why we are going back there. From all the requirements to the job postings to what we need to bring.. I am hyped about all of these. But I am also striving to remain in the present because I still have a responsibility at work. I need a timeline - I need to have a training plan to the newbie who will replace me. I need to ensure that all processes, contacts and files for the turnover are in place for the transition.

Plus, Alec's homecoming on the 22nd of this month, I need to plan a getaway since he needs to be back in Japan before the end of March since classes will start by April.. Oh Lord, give me the wisdom and strength to have everything ready.

I just need to claim His Promise.. that He makes all things beautiful in His Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment