Thursday, March 24, 2011

This Little Light of Mine

I'm gonna let it shine..
So, aside from all the ups&downs of the news I have received last night, nothing beats a loaded Wednesday for him. O yea, it was indeed a very busy day. I have already.. or should I say almost given up on getting certified for YB.. thinking that I'd just focus on the 6S GB Online Training at least. But amazingly, God moves - esp when times that we least expect Him to do so. The project where I was a part of seemed like a lost cause. It has been months now that I am waiting for it to be closed and for me to certified. Twas one of my selfish reasons why I stayed until now. After all, sayang naman. Then the other day, I received the news that the final presentation is supposed to be today but will be moved on Thursday instead. Goodie! Though I still had to do some DPMO calculations from Jan-March MTD, I think it will be worth it - somehow. Then I can move on and focus on the GB Training. :) God is good.

On another note, I was able to speak freely to Twinx regarding my moving up day.. (hehe) We both thought that it is more peaceful to work in the sidelines or at the core of a group without being noticed. I know that she is smart and that she knows a lot. But there are some people who prefers to live their lives as much as hassle-free as it can be. This always brings me back to Hunny's challenge. That I am just scared of responsibility.. that is why I do not like applying (ever) for a Lead Role. On my defense, I always say that although I can be a People Manager, I cannot handle the stress. Don't get me wrong, I love working people. I just don't want to take a lot of shit load from people who would not care if they do their jobs well or not without thinking of the consequences it can bring to the entire team, moreover, to the boss - who gets all the blame, shame and glory (if there are circumstances like that). I prefer handling my own stats - my own performances. That way, I am 100% sure that I am the only one accountable for whatever outcome there is to be.

On second thought, I have realized that people like me and Twinx may avoid the center stage.. but when one does his/her thing well, it is only but natural to be recognized. And a serious of recognition brings limelight no matter how much you try to stay away from it. To good things, you get noticed - do bad things, same thing will happen as well. So what is the choice? I think we all know the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment